Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mmm.. Year Old Wedding Cake

I know it's tradition, but since when have Aaron and I been all about tradition?  I mean, we had a skeleton bride and groom on our wedding cake.  In lieu of saving the top tier of our wedding cake, freezing it for a year, burrowing to the back of the freezer, scraping off the freezer burn, and cautiously and nervously taking small bitefuls of year old wedding cake, I thought it might be nice to go back to Flour Power, the makers of our wedding cake, and buy a new cake to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary.  That's right, people; it's been a whole year that Aaron and I have been husband and wife.  It seems like the last year flew by.  Now we're expecting a baby and we're still happy and in love and all that mushy stuff. 

Here's a quick throwback to that wonderful day and that wonderful cake:

  

I wanted to get a tiny cake topper sized cake in the chocolate peanut butter flavor which was one of the flavors we had in our wedding cake.  It has a layer of chocolate cake, peanut butter folded into the mousse layer, and a layer of fudge.  It sounds so rich and decadent, but it all works really well together.  I usually always prefer non-chocolate flavors, but this cake is amazing.  I called to place the order, but being that it's Easter weekend, they limit the flavors and sizes of cake they make so I had to get a 9" round which feeds 14-16 people instead of the 7" round (their smallest cake) which feeds 8-10.  It's ok, it just means we can share it with a few loved ones. 

I requested butter cream frosting instead of the whipped cream with white chocolate shavings because we really don't like white chocolate.. and butter cream is yummy smelling and tasting

I asked that the writing be in black since those were the colors of our wedding cake a year ago

Aaron said I should put my hand on his so we could cut into it together

Oh that wonderful first piece of light moist cake, oh so peanut buttery mousse, and thick fudgey chocolatey deliciousness

Having a little of each of the layers in one mouthful is essential to get the full effect of how amazing it truly is

Commence devouring

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! One year!!! Woot! Woot!!!!! I'll come and get my piece later today!! hehe Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete